Thursday, January 24, 2008

Egypt and then Some



So my brother Mazin (the older one) he is now in Egypt, made it through the crack on the wall. Yesterday his buddies called him at 6 AM and told him that the borders with Egypt have been sort of opened according to Egyptians, they let the Palestinians in, but according to some Gazans, they say, it is them brining down the wall. Anyhow, thanks to Egypt for letting in Gazans to do their shopping. My brother went there to buy tobacco and Mi3asil (Fruity Mix you put in the hookah) and he wanted an adventure. Most people crossed the borders to buy food items such as Feta and Triangle cheese, canned meat, and other food items. They also went to buy mattresses, cement, and other essential materials that Israeli has banned. My brother Mahmoud, the younger tells me that people buy lambs and sheep for cheap on the Egyptian side like 20 bucks, and turn around and sell it for 150 bucks, literary cross the border, I am glad to see our people do that and take initiative a positive one. I say positive because no one had a gun and when the news report comes in, no one was hostile looking or looked like they were ready to shoot somebody. For one day, the Palestinians were just a group of hungry fellas. Mahmoud walked for seven hours with our next door neighbor who was hoping to buy gas from local Egyptian stations, but they ended going empty handed. Mazin made it and I am sure he will enjoy some fine meal of fresh fish from Al-Arish with his buddies, but Mahmoud may attempt to go back again, this time he might have more change to take a cab instead of walking for seven hours. He swears that literary half of the population of Gaza went to Egypt to smell the fresh air.

I mean i have been to this border area, and it is chaotic to start with, but I do not think people should fear that Palestinians will get into Egypt, they cannot cross Al-Arish, every couple of miles in Egypt there is a police station and security check, so no one can go unnoticed, and you must always have your passport and your permit to get further into Egypt. I know this because the Egyptians reasonably did not let me into Egypt in my first time, and had me sleep at their end of the border for a night.

Israel is back to its old tricks now, they want Egypt to take charge of the welfare of Gaza Strip, this might sound great. The catch is Israel loves to do is transfer responsibilities to others, but they give none of the real authority. For example, Israel will always control the water, energy, and supplies going into Gaza. So in really life, they are just trying to make the Egyptians look bad, hoping the US will garnish some of Egypt Allowance.

My dad told me that the people in Gaza are like a mouse in a trap, the moment you open the trap, the mouse will flee, even if you are putting him in a fire or in water where he might not survive, but the important thing for the mouse and Gazans in this case is to go somewhere.

Long Live Egypt…

0 comments:

 

Blogroll

My Hanitizer

My Assault on Proper English Must Go On

Text

Hanitizer Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template