Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Your Mom Is HOT



I do not know what I was thinking the other day, but it hit me that women do not have an issue with saying that their dad is good looking, or in shape, or even hot. From my experience, women in general do not mind using such terms to refer to their father. I know one of my female friends back at college used to brag to others about her dad George Colony looks. Another female friend never misses a chance to talk about her dad's masculine features. I do not think she is alone in that sense, I guess women are comfortable that what they say is going to be taken for face value.

However, men are not like that. Few of us would refer to their mom as good looking, or hot...we fear what that might translate to. We also do not want to hear our friends ever see that our mothers are good looking. I do not think it's a paranoia, but rather an issue of reading beyond what people say.

I do not believe it is an Arab thing, I think it is cross cultural that the majority of men share, if you think my mother is hot, please keep it to yourself, unless you are not to pleased with the way your nose fits on your face.

0 comments:

 

Blogroll

My Hanitizer

My Assault on Proper English Must Go On

Text

Hanitizer Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template