Wednesday, January 06, 2010

The Best News for this Year So Far

Roa, was able to leave Gaza today...she got to the Egyptian side and since she had done security clearance...they let her in. This is great news folks...I am excited for her. Gladly her school does not start till January 13th, and that will give her a week to get her visa in Cairo, I think that is sufficient time to get it done. It was a nerve reking watching the news and the almost made it, almost not games. She is on her way to Cairo...My good freind Shereen, an Egyptian will assist her in her quest for the US visa....All her papaers are in order and our fingers are crossed. Her being able to leave Gaza came as a surprise to me as she almost made it two days ago only to be sent back...Yesterday, I read the news about another chance...she was able to get out. Her father stood with her all the way until she left the Palestinian side. I have been calling left and right to make sure she is ok, and make sure to tell her family her whereabouts...

I am sure it has been a tring day for her, the lines, the luggage, the uncertainties, the chaotic border scene and leaving her family. As she was at the Egyptian gate, border violence broke and there were causalities. She took it all in stride!

1 comments:

Mary on January 6, 2010 at 3:43 PM said...

We are so glad Thanks God she made it, we are all very please and we are sure she will get the US visa Inshallah.

 

Blogroll

My Hanitizer

My Assault on Proper English Must Go On

Text

Hanitizer Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template