Saturday, April 03, 2010

Yard Sale Based Economy!



I took a morning walk today on my way to catch the post office on Georgia Avenue...and I was surprised by the number of yard sales. Mostly young females where selling what seems to be their possessions. Brand name shoes, designer bags, boutique clothes, pictures frames, kitchen ware and more.

Those yard sales took place near 13th Street. The people who where selling the stuff, did not seem to be poor or needy. I am guessing they are doing spring cleaning of sort. I remember my first week in the Utah 10 years ago in a Saturday morning I was walking near the married people housing in BYU (Y View) and ran into my first yard sale. I was so glad to see it as I used to be a street vendor myself and I enjoy being part of the transaction on either side.

Since Roa moved in here, I have been going to more of these as we needed few items for our home. As people move out from my huge complex, they just want to get rid of stuff, I usually show up and see if I need anything.

0 comments:

 

Blogroll

My Hanitizer

My Assault on Proper English Must Go On

Text

Hanitizer Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template