Wednesday, April 06, 2011

On Becoming a Gheezer



So, the clock decided to make me 30 years old, i had no choice but to abide by the rules of nature. Gone are my 20s and gone with it the opportunity to tell people, when I grow up I want to be....Now I am supposed to have arrive the point where I am treated as an adult and thus my choices have to reflect just that.

I can still be active and do the running and workout I like to do, but I need to keep in mind, it takes longer now to recover from being hurt---so I need to be careful. I first realized I am getting there when I read some scan I did few month ago, where it read "Healthy for his age!" that stung!

But what do you do? Not only is my father is still alive and doing well, but also my grandpa can still kick my butt as he still farms his plot of land and last I heard the 85 years old man is contemplating a wedding. So, I know the genes are right, I am not too worried, I just need to figure out what I really want to be doing in the next decade becasue that might define the rest of my life. I get 10 more years and then that would be it, becasue I believe at 40 you do not make major decisions anymore....you live with the ones you have been making for the past 4 decades.

Sure you can always do what you want and be who you want to be, but this idea is for American Idol not real life. In real life thing are different. I must say I am excited about the next years and look forward to living it to the fullest--as much as Roa lets me!

People know actually listen to what am saying, for some reason being older means I know what I am talking about. So to me that means I have to chose my words carefully.

In the meantime how were your 30th birthday?

1 comments:

Mary on April 7, 2011 at 9:35 AM said...

As far as I remember, when I was 30 years old I was travelling with my family, my mother and my two kids, I did not ever realize I was thirty, I was strong,active, enjoying myself and working every where I go. Now I am much older but I am still the same,if I can,I do the things I use to do when I was younger.

 

Blogroll

My Hanitizer

My Assault on Proper English Must Go On

Text

Hanitizer Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template