Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Wic Program and Gatorade





I got stuck on the grocery line with not one but two ladies making large purchases of milk and baby milk formula (they might has other items too) and they were paying for them with WIC checks issued from the government of the District of Columbia. Other than having to wait for eternity on those ladies, they confused cashier and the long line during the peak shopping hour made me upset. With not much to do, but wait, I've noticed that one of the ladies had a large stack of Gatorade sport drink, at least 24 bottles or orange flavor Gatorade.

She was paying for those with cash...but something is not quite right. This sport drink is usually marketed toward active men. One of that woman's husband was active and working hard, she might not need the WIC checks, that's one. Two, if that husband was into sports, maybe he should be spending more time working and earning few dollars to pay for his babies formula.

But again, she might be addicted to Gatorade, I am still trying to make sense of it, but as of now it does not add up. Maybe next time she should avoid peak shopping hour and avoid being called out by impatient shoppers such as myself.

0 comments:

 

Blogroll

My Hanitizer

My Assault on Proper English Must Go On

Text

Hanitizer Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template