Thursday, April 19, 2007

Few ObservationS






One thing, I though was uncool during the horribel Shooting at Virginia Tech, the newcaster were reporting to horrifying news, but every now and then a commercial would pop up for some male enhancement drug and the side affects would lead to depression, but the news was talking about a possible depressed individual committing the crime. or they would break into commercial with some capitalist stock portfolio. I just that was no class.

I have always known that the South will rise again, but I did not know it would be the South Korea.

Now, I have learned of a new organization in the United States, the moment I read the titles, I laughed so hard. The organization is called the National Sleep Institute, what do these guys do all day? Sleep, test who can sleep harder? I am not sure, I would ask them, but when I called they were taking a nap. I mean, honestly, you can never get fire from the institute, you can even sleep on the job on your desk or better they have mattress as desks. No one can blame you if you zone out! "What, I was testing a new technique." May if if you are unable to sleep, they can fire you or perhaps you snore and get canned. What would the logo for this organization be? a pillow? A cushion?

My MPA program has a closing social for the class, and they had a wonderful treat for all of us. A kid from Hawaii has decided to roast us a whole big on fire Hawaiian style. I have received a number of emails from the program regarding this poor pig, it must have been the longest email; exchange I have had to endure because, they were desperate for help killing, cleaning, and preparing for the feast. As a Muslim, I do not eat pork (no wine, no swine policy) but I was not deeply offended by this event. A day later I ran into one of the organizers fro the Pig roasting committee and told her that I wanted to help with the big (I was teasing here) but she did not get me and told me to come and help out the day after and even gave me direction, a day later, she emailed me and here is here email:

Hani,

It just barely occurred to me that pigs are against your religion. Sorry. Don't worry--we will have other food there like salads and bread and fruits and vegetables. Does that still work for you?

Oh, man, I'm embarrassed that I didn't think that through better. Sorry about that.


(Her Name)

She was so sweet!

This actually got me thinking, I thought with all these movies that feature cute little bigs "Charlotte's Web" "Piglet: the Movie", "The Adventures of Winnie the Pooh"....etc. Americans will refrain from eating these cute choppy little things. I was wrong! I mean back home we eat chicken, beef and lamb, but we do not make movies about them! We do not like to get to know them then kill them and eat their flush...it is much easier this way.

0 comments:

 

Blogroll

My Hanitizer

My Assault on Proper English Must Go On

Text

Hanitizer Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template