Monday, June 29, 2009

Rocking The Strip (Not Israeli Style)

Quick Update...

I made it to Gaza, a day before the official day I was supposed to get in. I got luck twice....I made it to the deportation room five minutes before they gather all those poor Gazans to ship them to the Rafah Border corssing....most people have waited for a day...few for 4 days...I waited for five minutes....the borders was supposed to open Saturday....but becasue there was a disabled sport team returning to Gaza from a Tunisian Olimpics...they deported all of us together....we were 30 people. They opend the borders for us--Friday it is a holiday and they local Palestinain govervenment opend the gateway as well. There were few setbacks, minor ones...but I made it home...and surprised almost everybody.

The moment I got in and smelled the fresh trash smell in Rafah, I said "I am home for real now"
Finding a cap to take home was a tough negotation process, but I came out a winner and got a ride to the door....the first person to see me at the door was my nephew, Omar he is 17 years old...and he's gotten tall and got himself a nice Saudi Goatee....then my mom came down the stairs running with my older sister Fatin and my sister in Law Amani....dang it felt good to be Home.

I have been keeping good on my promise, no sugar in my tea, no salt on my eggs, and NO soda. I doubt I can keep this, but I am trying

A possible spoiler, I might be engaged by the end of the week! I already met the girl (we have bee communicating for more than 4 months now)...she is really something spcial....more details to come.

1 comments:

Mary on June 29, 2009 at 9:18 AM said...

Oh man, I was worried about you I am so glad you made it. I was almost going to email your brother or call your mother asking about you,if I did it would not have been a surprice, it is good I did not also it is the best good news I heard since you left about arriving home safe and going to get engaged and I wish you all the best happeness there is in this world and a lot best of luck too. Greetings to every body in your family specially your lovely brid to be.

 

Blogroll

My Hanitizer

My Assault on Proper English Must Go On

Text

Hanitizer Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template