Thursday, June 09, 2011

Shake Shack @ Dupont Circle DC





The famous New York burger joint has reached our nation's capital. Their first store opened on May 17th 2011 and there were lines. It was slow, but it was not longer than 15 minutes. They only had two cashiers that night and about 15 people working in the kirchen area preparing food.

I visited the store on June 9th and there was a line on a Thursday night.

The burger: tasted good, the bun was made right, with a hint of some kind of oil or butter. It was chewy, juicy and the salt level was fair. Here's the bad news, it was tiny. way tiny, For the Shack Burger it was not that special in size, the taste was good. Maybe ladies would like the portions here more, but I know the dudes I know would like something bigger buns between those two fine buns.

The Fries: the shape is rather unique, but the taste like those commercial fries you buy in the grocery store frozen food section. They weren't bad, they just lacked the character and the flavor of those at Five Guys. The potion was also small, but that's the urban food where the healthy eater and the workaholic can share a meal.

The order came fast when our little buzzer vibrated, the food was ready in less than 7 minutes which beats Five Guys. I think the restaurant is good, but other than the custard and the dogie treat, and the catchy menu name game I find little originality even the logo screams as much.

I have yet to try their custard and try their dogs, I know a New York dog when I see it, that will be my next test.

The store lacks foucs like they want to sell you a million thing unlieke in and out who keeps the menu simple--unless you know of their secret menu.

It's like Five Guys meets In and Out Burgers with a touch of Dairy Queen.

P.S. The opening of Shake Shake was the talk of the town for months, not sure why we talk a lot about food here, the talk itself makes us happy. In Gaza when we talk about food, we often talk about the lack of it.

1 comments:

Jeremy Palmer on June 12, 2011 at 3:00 AM said...

That looks great! A few days ago I went to J. Rockets in Dubai mall. It was ok but not great. There is a Fuddruckers here as well. I'll have to give it a try. It's all halal.

 

Blogroll

My Hanitizer

My Assault on Proper English Must Go On

Text

Hanitizer Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template