Thursday, December 06, 2007

Grads Rock and So Does Holiday Dieting



Indulge

So, i will be going to Richmond, VA tomorrow Friday, Dec 7th for a friend's graduation, taking the Amtrak train for two hours which is not too bad. I was not familiar that other colleges would have ceremonies for December graduation, BYU did not! So, I will be staying at my friends home and just having a good time and wasting their time as hey are going through finals....graduation at Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU)takes place even before finals are done! So I hope I can take some good pictures, and video with this nice family. I guess I have to dress up to the occasion and look groovy!...but I admit I have a worry though. I have been starch free for two weeks now, no bread, no rice and minimum potato (some comes in the soup though). and yesterday I was at a nice reception in Washington DC, with lots of great holiday foods and sweets, and they even served wine...but i rose above all that and managed only to eat vegetables, fruits, meat and cheese! So Outsourcing my diet to others might be risky...and I am not a freak or anything, this diet is only temporarily to help me eat less during the Christmas and New Year season. So far I have three more receptions to attend and I am certain that great food will be served ! I hope I can still maintain my diet! My friend did promise to make me breakfast burritos on the day i head back that would be Sunday!

Speaking of diets, couple of weeks ago, I was visiting with a wealthy family friend who has his own contracting business and lives in Virginia, he is LDS, but also Palestinian...I think there are like 4 other people who fit in this category in the entire world! Anyhow we were talking about career and plans for the future and he took personal interest in my career...Due to losing 30 pounds, my friend asked me to go with him to his giant closet (it was not like that) and actually gave me two designer suits, four freaking awesome designer shirts, two blazers and a nice pair of pants...boy that make my Thanksgiving. I think the items total to about $1800...the George Armani suite alone is above a thousand. so I will looking good this winter, accept I am a bit cold and I do not have a nice dress coat, I may just go back and say "Say, Omar I love the clothes you have given me, but a coat would be nice!" I am only joking here, he is such a nice guy...and I hope you maintains his health and still lose more weight and give more rags!

Good luck in the finals everyone and Happy Eid, Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and Happy Hanuka!

0 comments:

 

Blogroll

My Hanitizer

My Assault on Proper English Must Go On

Text

Hanitizer Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template