Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Native Virginia Apples




I was in the Shenandoah National Park over the weekend to hike the Old Rag Mountain, which turned to be quite a pleasant experience. Once we finished out hike and since it is apple picking season, I had planned to go buy some local farmed apples. There were couple of stands on street corners, I had my friends--one from Jerusalem stop to grab some apples. The stand owner proclaimed he is "a native" Virginia man since my friend Ari commented on how much he likes his accent. Ari felt the need to share with the vendor that he used to pick apples up north in Apples orchards in the "Holy Land" the money the vendor heard the holy land (we had to repeat it twice!) He said we need more of that here, we need some of the Holy Land into this place, he mentioned something about big men taking the money an running with them. I looked at the farmer and my friends Ari and Kira Lee and said "Well, sir" I do not think the concept of the Holy Land is not working out for them too well over there! I think he did not hear me, but my friends who are liberal (surprise, surprise) thought it was worth a chuckle.

I honestly do not know what he meant by we need more of the Holy Land here, but in general whenever people of faith come together and unite, the ones who are not members of that faith are diminished. and I mean any religion and ever religion. They all however, make an effort to be inclusive of those who they might disagree with. But on issues that matters, minorities suffer in any religion dominated state...and that's why the constitution made sure that checks and balance are intact.

0 comments:

 

Blogroll

My Hanitizer

My Assault on Proper English Must Go On

Text

Hanitizer Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template