Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Peace to Grandma

So, I woke up today did my morning prayer and i was feeling like listening to some Koran, as I was rebooting my computer, I called my family's home in Gaza to check up on my mom who has not been feeling too well lately (some trouble in her teeth they think). When she did not pick up the phone, i knew she wasn't home, my sister in law picked up the phone and spoke to me.

It turns out that 4 hours prior to my call, my grandpa has just passed away. She is older in mid 80s, she is a bit older than my grandpa. So I am at peace and only hope she passed in peace as i pray for her. My family is now busy with funeral arrangements and receiving people coming to share their condolences. I hope my living grandpa is well take all this in strides. It's a sad day.

Grandma was always nice to me and my siblings becasue my mother and my father have been super sweet to her, my mom took care of her and was the first in daughter in law to live with her and help her with the house chores. Grandma used to have a nick name for me, this nick name was never my favorite, but she the only one that gets away with saying it. Grandma used to have piles of hard candy which he hides in her bosom and she gives to kids to get them to do her favors, she used to sit around the house with a stick to keep the trouble makers away.

Here is the last video I have for my grandparents, you can see her.

Grandma Rifka in Gaza




2 comments:

Mary on December 8, 2010 at 4:54 PM said...

My sincere condolences, I tried several times calling your Mom nobody answered the phone, I will try again to pay my respect.

Jeremy Palmer on December 16, 2010 at 1:01 PM said...

الله يرحمها

 

Blogroll

My Hanitizer

My Assault on Proper English Must Go On

Text

Hanitizer Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template