Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Back On....

I have a new show here on July 9 at this venue I like called Soho House of Tea and Coffee out in DuPont Circle in Washington DC so I am looking forward to that....Over the weekend, I performed in two nights, one at a wedding (interfaith Jewish and Muslim) and a party for a group of Muslim young men and women (ratio was 10 guys to 40 girls) sounds familiar? I was told that i did well, it was my first day with the such mix group of my people, most people reacted positively, but few did not appreciate some of my material. I saw some guy with a beard and told me friends to watch my back if he tackles me or something, he did not. I guess for some who do not know me and my personality they might think I am a sac religious person which is not true at all.
As for the Jewish/Muslim wedding was great, the audience had to have some sense of humor to be at the wedding. It was out in Vienna Virginia in this low key neighborhood. I tried some of my new material and did well, I had some people come talk to me after the show and ask me questions which was nice. The audience was a mix of students, professors, professionals, peace people and some off duty cops to keep the peace between the Arabs and the Israelis. Afterward we went to a party at some friends house, everyone was drinking wine, I went and grabbed me some Hot Cocoa which kept my awake.

It looks that I will be in the DC area for longer than I planned for since I was hoping to hit the road in go home before the holy month of Ramadan, things have chanced, people got killed, borders were locked, streets where damaged,....etc. The farther I keep from Gaza, the better for me and my loved ones...

0 comments:

 

Blogroll

My Hanitizer

My Assault on Proper English Must Go On

Text

Hanitizer Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template