Monday, February 11, 2008

The BreakOut President

Since, I do not vote in the States, nor have I voted anywhere else, I usually stay quite. However, that does not mean I do not have an opinion or favorite, I do like politics after all and enjoy the games and debates and public reaction to such games.
I have to confess something, Lately, I have not been a fan of the Republican Party. Even though, I wanted President Bush to win in 2000 and he did, I was happy, really I was and that's because I thought Lieberman--Al Gore's running mate was awful on issues of importance to me! I was never fond of John Kerry 2004; he did not speak to my mind nor to my heart.

But now I honestly, look at McCain and hear him speak of 100 year war and more wars and say God Help us, and I hear Huckabee speak and like it, but deep down I have fears of his rethroric. Hillary is just bad on Palestine issues, it is not her fault since she is a Senator from New York, and it is hard to do without Jewish supporters. This leaves me with the default candidate, Barrack Obama, I am a fan!

Truth is, McCain wants to take part of a staring contest with the terrorists, to see who would blink first. Perhaps a pissing content too! And Huckabee he wants to out pray the terrorists, he thinks that be out zeal using the bad guys, we can beat them. I disagree with both. Hillary, keeps on reinventing herself every election cycle! It is true that Obama needs experience, but a good mind and great advisors will compensate for that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hani,I did not know you like politics, that is a good talk. You are a politician and a comedian too, well done. That is from an old friend you forgot.MF

BBC on February 25, 2008 at 10:11 PM said...

hani! i like your post! i too am a fan of obama! too bad neither of us can vote! oh well, here's hoping that the rest of america agrees with us!

 

Blogroll

My Hanitizer

My Assault on Proper English Must Go On

Text

Hanitizer Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template