Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Dollar Bill




When they were designing the US Dollar bill, they had many designs submitted by many Founding Fathers and others, but my favorite one phrase that Benjamin Franklin wanted to but on the Dollar Bill was "Resisting tyranny is a Service to God" how cool is this man? I was impressed once I heard this story!

I do agree with Ben, I think there is that essence that resisting tyrants of the world is a service to God. I know that some will over do it and say that wars are God's Work or that concepts such as Holy Wars go under this manta. I know for me the phrase represents individuals standing for oneself and stopping the wicked who is doing you harm from advancing their agenda because as it says somewhere "When the Wicked Rules and Righteous Mourns"

0 comments:

 

Blogroll

My Hanitizer

My Assault on Proper English Must Go On

Text

Hanitizer Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template