Saturday, January 19, 2008

Airports, Airplanes, and Arabs













Today, I went to the Dulles Airport Air and Space Museum (the Smithsonian), I went there with Jehad and his dad Eric Hyer aka Abu Jehad. I have been to this museum before with my friend Kellee, Cori, David, and John Wayne about four years ago. I must say that not much changed since then, but finally they got the space part fixed up and all displayed. In my first visit it was under renovation or something like that. Here are few shots and video of what I saw. I actually was surprised to learn that most of the airplanes and the technologies were made available by entities that are in Northern part of the United States, but I also know that the South in this county provides the majority of the personnel.

The great deal of the items on display are parts of American military, air force or NASA...but they also had on display items captured from the Russians, the Chinese, the Nazis, the Fascists and also a Concord donated by the French. It was a good display of powers, but I did notice that the Israelis were somehow absent, there was no Israeli airplanes, but I did see a Russian missile bought by the Egyptians and was used to destroy an Israeli warship...they have plenty! (See Photo)

The observatory they have is nice, where people can go on the 7th floor tower and watch airplane take off in nearby airport Dulles, it was good, accept that with the snow and fog, it is hard to see any jets!

It is sad that here I can see these airplanes and jets and cheer knowing that none of them will harm me, but seeing any flying object back home is never a good sign, and it always strikes fear...that's why this place if wonderful! And hope it stays this way.

1 comments:

Liz Adair on January 21, 2008 at 8:56 PM said...

Hani,

Just checking in to see how you are and if your folks are okay. We pray for them every night.

We Skyped with Clay the other night. He's growing a beard, and it's very black. He says people keep asking if he's an Arab.

I hope things are going well with you. It looks like you're having a good time!

All best,
Tudy Adair
(Clay's Mom)

 

Blogroll

My Hanitizer

My Assault on Proper English Must Go On

Text

Hanitizer Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template