Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Long Lives A donkey



Few asked me about things back in Gaza, I guess the news been really bad. here is a true stroy:

I called my family the other day to check in, they do now have power, very few water and some loaves of bread left since, power shortage closes bakeries as well as pumps no longer get water to the tank. My family is in a better shape than many other family back in Gaza, but things are generally bad for everyone. Babies in Gaza are born without the necessary equipments, in Gaza, sick people with heart the kidney diseases only have God looking after them nowadays.

A family from our area (ElRAH'EEL) that we know well and their kids are friends with my brother Majid where on their donkey pulled cart, the mother and her two children (her husband is married to another woman) they were in going to run an earned three minutes from where my family lives, anyhow an Israeli guided missile hits them, killing the mother and her two children on the spot, my dad tells me that their body parts where all over the sidewalk and blood and gore was everywhere. He reminded me of how large the mother was and that leads to more gore, but although the family was killed the donkey was unharmed. My dad was describing to me how shocked the donkey looked and how surprised the donkey was "what the heck just happened here" sort of look.

It is true that the family is death is a tragedy, since none of her sons who were killed nor herself have anything to do with the conflict (rumor has it that her other son is an active member or some group and that's who the Israelis were unsuccessfully targeting) But the fact that people back home try to find the humor in this or the survival stories out of death still amazes me. I honestly think that groups like PETA would make a scene if the donkey was harmed, but civilian Palestinians do not have the same value to others. I am sure more Palestinians will get killed today and tomorrow and they continue to lose lives, but until when.....

Liz Adair, I do not have your email ...thanks for checking in, mine is alkabeerh2o@yahoo.com.

0 comments:

 

Blogroll

My Hanitizer

My Assault on Proper English Must Go On

Text

Hanitizer Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template