Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Grave-Dancing

I was ashamed when I heard of the killing in the Seminary School in Jerusalem...

I was saddened to see more Israeli families go through a circle of sorrow again...

I am glad to say that some of my friends believe that the killing of 8 people in an Israeli school is tragic...

I was ashamed to learn that the same friends do not see the death of 8 Israelis as tragic as the death of 200 Palestinians.

Like if you are a mother and lose your child to such attacks, it feels less painful to know that 200 others were murdered as well...

I was insulted when reports came out that some Palestinians were dancing in the streets celebrating the death of the Israelis...

The same people dancing in the streets celebrating carnage have mourned the death of Palestinians...but fail to see the "others" as humans as they are...

Even in Islam, we are told not to belittle the death of others...but such actions of few have made the teachings of Islam irrelevant...

What are they dancing for? The most concentrated area in the world? The poverty stricken quarters? The highest unemployment rate in the world? The violent internal rivalry between various political factions? The demolished homes? The ruined schools? The failing health care system? The death of more than 200 people in a week, a third of who are children and infants? None of those give a reason for celebration...

And for those who celebrated victory in Gaza, I ask them not to insult us by saying that they are victorious...because if the government is the people, the people had it rough, the government will have it rough...If their celebration of victory means that their leaders have somehow survived, and then they are not about the people...

I know that we Palestinians have a just cause, but it is such actions that put us back a hundred year....

We Palestinians cannot ask others to be compassionate to us, when we are showing none of the common courtesy...Dancing and celebrating death turns our friends (they are few) against us, and gives our enemies (and they are many) ammunition

Need to remember that if it is wrong for one party to kill me, it is as wrong for me to kill that party...we all have justifications, but none of us have sound judgment, or so it seems!

0 comments:

 

Blogroll

My Hanitizer

My Assault on Proper English Must Go On

Text

Hanitizer Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template