Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Some Woman! And More of Them




So after extensive research, I found some pictures recent ones from a concert with Nicole Saba, a Lebanese singer and actress in which you can see men at the concert snapping pictures of this multi-talented performer. These two pictures were taking from the same concert. You can see some lady presence in the concert. So there are women in Arab concerts and not just dirty old overweight fellas (you still can spot many with cool gadgets). Still though for every woman there are about 10 guys not that matters. But I would be curious to find a concert with a popular male artist and see how many women are jumping to take pictures.

I guess my point is that due to the absence of many women in the entertainment industry, man has caused the moral code to deteriorate. It is not uncommon for female Arab performers to dress in low cuts and sexually revealing and appealing manners. I honestly believe that if there were more jobs for women in the entertainment sector in the Arab world, we would not have half naked performers.

Guys do not mind if women dress lower skirts and lower cuts, they do not mind, it takes a women to call another women out if lines were crossed and tell her "Hey, watch it!" Men on the other hand, will take anything because they do not mind the bonus show and tell! Do not get me wrong, I would never tell a woman what to dress and how to dress, not even my sisters. What I do think is true that women are responsive to other women and there is also the jealously element!

However, it is the traditional ones back home who want to have it both ways, they want women to stay at home and also want the entertainment industry to be cleaner! I think we cannot have it both ways...it is about tradeoffs and women tend to give up the ship much later than men (figuratively speaking).

0 comments:

 

Blogroll

My Hanitizer

My Assault on Proper English Must Go On

Text

Hanitizer Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template