Thursday, November 20, 2008

The Gym Debacle!


It has been awhile since I stepped into a commercial gym, I would say about more than four years so when I accompanied my friend to the gym near her work...I must say I felt out of place. While I do exercise regularly (it's easy when you have a gym at your apartment complex and another at work) but nothing is quite as intense and disturbing as a gym full of young folks and others who are really, really obese.

I was so uncomfortable that I vowed not to return to this gym again which probably cam e as good news to my friend. I thought of the people at the gym are nothing but a cross section of those few people who do not know how to shut up and the awkward folks at the dance floor. It did not help that, the rule was to keep clothes to minimal, not its entire absence.

To make things worse the gym people made a photo copy of my ID, I guess they are hoping to give me a call to recruit me to join their gym. But I actually was aware that this will happen, so I gave them my old Utah address to tell them "I am not form here"

Please do not get me wrong, I like to work out and stay fit as much as I can, but I guess I might not be to comfortable with the social aspect of the gym. Now, I understand the need for exclusive gyms like "Curves"! May be we have a niche to sell a gym as the anti-gym. "Exercise in a cubicle!"

By the way, the gym was "First Fitness" on 19th and L Street.

PS. The picture is for a nudist gym in the Netherlands (duh, where else?)

0 comments:

 

Blogroll

My Hanitizer

My Assault on Proper English Must Go On

Text

Hanitizer Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template