Monday, November 17, 2008

Protest and Deliver

As a person who hates protesting and protesters, I have always wondered, why is it that you rarely see people protesting early morning? Most of those with causes protect mid day or later in the day...I am hoping that because they have other things that preoccupies them and keep them busy. But I think I am wrong. Had the protesters been able to put out a march in the early hours of the day say 8 AM.....things would not have gotten as bad that will necessitate us to protest in the first place. Most people who protest are helpless, miserable, procrastinators who are passive and more reactive than proactive. If you cared about a cause as much, would you show up to an 8 AM rally? Maybe not because you would have a job then or something you cared about more than...just showing up. I must admit when it comes to protesting I am a cynic of its effectiveness. I like the quite leadership, the one that brings people together without the fear and intimidation of protesters and screaming angry mob. Also as Palestinians we need to evolve and learn from others. Instead of protesting person A and yelling at them...go and support person B and make sure that they are on your side. If neither A or B is on your side...then you might want to use a whole different alphabet if necessary.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

So if you were put in charge of the resistance what would you do? Set up protests?

 

Blogroll

My Hanitizer

My Assault on Proper English Must Go On

Text

Hanitizer Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template