Saturday, November 08, 2008

Two Cents and a Half

Watching this election season and the exchanges between the GOP and the DNC, the campigns, the slogans, the ground operations, I came to realize that one of those is vicious and the other is sneaky. You have to decides which one is which.

Democrats are too cautious, often they are too intimated by power, like now, "we won a majority, what do we do now?" Republicans on the other hand, do not worry too much what others think in a way they too reckless with power. Yes, Republicans get things done, but not always the right things. Democrats on the other hand accomplish much less.

Many of my Arab American friends are already frustrated with the Obama's choice for a Chief of Staff. Emanuel is a veteran of the Israeli Army 1991 (imagine the roar if he was a vetern of any Arab army) whose dad actually was on the British government terrorist list for bombing the King David Hotel in Jerusalem. But I am not too surprised, although I like the idea of Barack Obama as a president, I never had an expectations that he would be more pro Arab.

Honestly, the only expectation I have are very low, the next time the Obama administration decides to bomb an Arab town, they will do it without using cluster bombs... and maybe when they hand out food as part of the USAID program, it will have writing on it in Arabic...and there it goes.

0 comments:

 

Blogroll

My Hanitizer

My Assault on Proper English Must Go On

Text

Hanitizer Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template