Monday, September 07, 2009

Traveling Man

Yesterday, I’ve received two phone calls from friend of mine telling me they’ve heard an announcement on the local radio. The announcement came form the Ministry of Interior, asking those who have travel plans and hold a residence card or a visa that is about to expire to go to the government office and sign up to be given priority on the travel on the days the Rafah Crossing opens. Thus, I went to the government office today in downtown Gaza and presented my papers to the person in the office—I became acquaintance with the guy due to the frequency of my visits to their office. When he saw my documents and saw that I have singed up on July 21, 2009, he said “Oh, you comfortably will be given in priority” Those signed in August might not be allowed to use the Crossing once it opens, but July and prior to that are assured to travel upon opening of the Crossing.

My dad gave my travel documents to the Chief of Staff of the Palestinian Prime Minister—he is a distant cousin, just to make sure that they do not lose my papers or put me on the latter buses that usually do not get to travel. They met at a family break the fast meal for family members how are fifty and over.

I now have a number that I have yet to verify, it is supposed to be the phone number for an Egyptian officer who will help me get to Egypt once I leave the Palestinian side. The number was given to me by a relative of my fiancé who is aware of my travel snafu. The number will connect me to a guy will put my name on the Egyptian good list: the list they ask the Palestinian government to send all those whose names are on. Thus if the number is correct, if what I hear is true and if I end up doing it this will guarantee my admittance to Egypt. If I do not do that, then I need to make sure to have a flight ticket with me in the events I am deported to the airport, I can find a flight to take me back to the states.

How about that?

0 comments:

 

Blogroll

My Hanitizer

My Assault on Proper English Must Go On

Text

Hanitizer Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template