Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Looking for Sugar in Gaza




I think that my trip to Gaza has helped get met over my addiction to artificial sweeteners. As an addict to Splenda, Stevia and other non calorie sweeteners...I was at loss in Gaza as they do not rally have those at the market. The closest is sold at the pharmacy and it is a brand in the States they say is dangerous to one's health. So I had almost all of my hot beverages made with no sugar...and once I came back I tried to ease back into the artificial sweeteners, but I felt that they give my tongue a weird after taste. I mean I left Gaza and having consumed zero carbonated drinks. Not one sip....I did that as I quite it a number of years ago. Now, I do take my drinks with no sugar and that is easy as I do not really consume any coffee.

I do enjoy sweet things as deserets and chocolate, but candy I also wrote of....I think the only drink I consume that has artificial sweetener is the Vitamin Water 10, a sport drink that I like to drink after a workout.

To be fair, while in Egypt, I read an article on a major newspaper as now the Egyptains are starting to experiment with planting Stevia as they one consume too much sugar and Stevia will take less space to grow. Two they have lots of diabetic people who need a sugar substitute.

0 comments:

 

Blogroll

My Hanitizer

My Assault on Proper English Must Go On

Text

Hanitizer Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template