Monday, November 16, 2009

Olive OiL



This year, the olive harvest in Palestine was not at its best. I know because I actually picked some olives in Gaza, as my grandpa has more than six olive trees. He essentially gave me four trees and asked me to give the harvest to anyone I like. He did that because it was getting to olive picking season and the land owner my uncle has not shown up to pick them and because I was nice to him bringing him and stuff he let me pick them. He also gave me a fig tree as well. but back to olives...I picked those trees and gave the majority of the harvest to my older sister Fatin....I asked her to some help and she brought her son Khalid. It took us three days to pick them doing couple of hours a day. I took few to our home as my mom made them and I was able to eat few before I left Gaza. The harvest was weak and thus the price was so high as they sell the three kilos for about 10 bucks...a fortune in Gaza. Because the olive harvest was weak, the olive oil is not as much as it used to be. So I know how Arab Americans and friends of the middle East enjoy the olive oil coming form the Holy Land... there is some olive oil in the Holy Land....but in the West Bank, the imported some from Jordan and in Gaza they import Egyptian olive oil (not as good) perhaps the most random place that Gaza imported (smuggled) olive oil from is Libya. Gaza now has olive oil made in Libya....

I am saying this because I am helping my colleague buy olive oil by the bulk to sell it retail at our center.

1 comments:

Mary on November 17, 2009 at 10:57 AM said...

We hope, you remember to give one of your friends an olive tree your grandpa gave you and told you give a tree to any one you want and you know how much we love olive oil.

 

Blogroll

My Hanitizer

My Assault on Proper English Must Go On

Text

Hanitizer Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template