Monday, May 04, 2009

Baseball The Game

I finally managed to go to a Baseball game on Friday night, a game that I have never cared for, but know that at one point if time, it used to be America's favorite pastime sport. It was a game better the DC Nationals and the Cardinals. It was quite a cultural experience. I have always like sport movies, among which baseball movies that range from the Bad News Bears, The Sandlot, Major League, For the Love of the Game, Fields of Dreams, the Rookie and few others. I must say I enjoyed the movies and celebrate them vividly. I wish I can say the same for the game itself. Boring is what is was...I mean the company of my friends was great, but the actual game itself is boring, just as boring as popcorn with no salt.

I was impressed however with one thing, the amount of grub Americans load on at the game! It's insane how many dogs, pizzas, and cold bear fans consume. I saw this guy sitting few seats away from me, he had four beers and three dogs and as I left the game he was going to order some more food. Defiantly beer belly well earned. Another thing about the baseball fans is that they tend to be obese in comparison with basketball fans, not sure why! Maybe because the baseball player is bigger than the the basketball players is the correlation. Fans seek to become like their idols, I am guessing. I am also thinking that baseball won't be a hit during the month of Ramadan where people cannot munch on those dogs!

It's true I am not sold on baseball games because I did not grow up with it, this might be true. but I did not grow up with basketball either, but I enjoy the game (not as much as Lyndsay does) So there you know in my heart baseball has no soft spot in my heart. But again, maybe it's a lot more fun if I actually tried to play the game and not just watch it.

Baseball is not a sport I have to worry about watching again, it is not for me, but if they make a movie that involves it, I may just go.

1 comments:

Mary on May 6, 2009 at 12:00 PM said...

I like baseball, I never been in one only watch it on TV, when I was in school we use to play similar to baseball we only throw the ball by hand not like baseball we had circles when we run to get into it, I was always in a team, I was a good runner, also I was in the team playing Rugby, soccer and volleyball too but not basketball although I like basketball the only thing I could not shoot high, the ball.

 

Blogroll

My Hanitizer

My Assault on Proper English Must Go On

Text

Hanitizer Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template