Monday, May 25, 2009

"Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing." (Luke 23:34)



Here is the news, Christians support torturing people


More than half of people who attend services at least once a week -- 54 percent -- said the use of torture against suspected terrorists is "often" or "sometimes" justified. Only 42 percent of people who "seldom or never" go to services agreed, according the analysis released Wednesday by the Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life.

Here is my take on it,


"I read a recent survey that said the majority of American Christians approve waterboarding. Of course they do - you're confessing all the things you did wrong, getting dunked in water - it's not torture, it's baptism. That's what the Bush administration was all about - bringing the infidel to Jesus. You're not drowning, you're choking on the Holy Spirit. What, too soon? He died 2000 years ago. Get over it already.

Wow, tough crowd. Things are not looking good for my Helen Keller/Anne Frank bit."

On a serious note, wasn't Christ tortured? Made wear a crown of thorns, wasn't he flogged 39 times?

I get it these are bad people we are torturing; I mean people who kill, but if you are torturing them what makes you better than them? It's not because those few deserve a better treatment, but rather because the world expects a true reflection of American values...torture is not a value I saw in America

0 comments:

 

Blogroll

My Hanitizer

My Assault on Proper English Must Go On

Text

Hanitizer Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template