Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Baltimore, Charm City



I took the day off on Monday and Roa and I headed to Baltimore, the Charm city. We spent this sunny day on the world famous inner harbor. We took the train from College Park Maryland and 50 minutes later we were in Baltimore City. By the Way, I only knew this city existed becasue I watched the movie the Sum of All Fears when the US President is watching a game in one of the city's historical stadiums.

They had great shops, awesome city view, and the water view was spectacular. Baltimore feels like Philadelphia to me, it still has tons of history around and not much change has happened in many of its historical buildings unlike DC and Virginia.

We looked for good crab cakes, but no good crab cakes place was to be found near the touristy stuff. Instead we settled for my all time favorite Sandwich place Jimmie Jones and order their Beach sub, we ate it on the water. Surrounded by various sea and land birds. I should take more days off, I do not hardly take enough days off.

Few of the attraction were closed on Monday and on this time of the year, they are all gearing up for April when the harbor opens and tourists start showing up. But there was plenty of nice walks, boats, and fun seeking people.

It's unfortunate however, you can hardly miss the affect of the bad economy on this once great American city.

0 comments:

 

Blogroll

My Hanitizer

My Assault on Proper English Must Go On

Text

Hanitizer Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template