Monday, July 13, 2009

EngageD

The engagement party went really well! The music was great, the food was the talk of the town, Roa'a was the uncontested star of the engagement party! She had so much energy and excitment.

We took tons of pictures and videos, I will share some of them the moment I can.

We had more than 500 men and 600 women attend, some danced some made an appearance.

The hairdresser did a great job on Roa'a--not on me and so did the make up artist. Her dress stole the show...boy the ladies loved it

I had a matching shirt and tie with her dress and we had chosen about 15 songs on the playlist that we wanted to listen to...we did practiced some dance moves.

We had lots of flower arrangment some were sent by Roa's work and a family freind of hers.

We had a seven stories cake, the bad news we had to cut them all with a sword.

the funniest thing when the conservative women in the family asked me to leave my engagement party so they can dance. I was like What? I did leave for 15 minutes for a break and I was told it got crazy!

In the men portion of the engagement party, it seems that everyman with a beard gave me a kiss...sort of like bad news when many men with the Taliban look act like they are good freinds of yours.

The band we got to make noise as some portions of the celebrations did a fine job making noise!

The portion where I had to gave Roa lots of gold, was the toughest becasue I had to help her wear more than 10 peices of various accessories...I survived it thanks to the prior training.

2 comments:

Mary on July 13, 2009 at 10:00 AM said...

We are glad and pleased to hear that everthing went well on your engagment party, finally all your close family are very pleased specially your Mom you got engaged or married. The way you described the engagment party it looks like a wedding, woundering how your wedding will be, or may be it was both engagment and wedding party anyway whatever it was is wounderfull and we wish you lots of Good Luck on your new life as a married man.

BBC on July 13, 2009 at 10:23 AM said...

congrats hani! i'm so excited for you! it sounds like it was an awesome party!

 

Blogroll

My Hanitizer

My Assault on Proper English Must Go On

Text

Hanitizer Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template