Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Live Action in Gaza

Last night at my cousin wedding party and during the guys portion of the party...the local police force crashed the wedding with live ammunition.

My cousins showed up at my engagement party and danced their butts of, so I kind of had to go...I did go and shared the good times with them..the music was great and everybody was having a good time.

They choose to put a picture of my other cousin Sameeh, who was killed in the Hamas takeover....some of the local eyes and people at the party I am guessing called the Hamas police force and asked them to come down and take down the party...

The governor called my uncle who works with this government, but has no ideological affinity with them to come down and take down the picture...

He came down and spoke to the people there they refused to take down the picture because it is family wedding and Sameeh is the cousin of everybody at the party.

The local police force comes down, their leader talked to my uncle who promised to take down the party in 10 minutes without incident. But some Hamas guy with a personal vendetta defied his commander and asked the force to attack the wedding.

They stormed the party and live ammunition started to fly in the air...I saw the situation got tense, I went indoors and hid inside...their was a war zone for 10 minutes and then Hamas policemen started shooting in the air...the roof where I was standing had five bullets and counting...my aunt and three of my cousins got hurt, two others went to the hospital. my aunt and my cousin both got bullets in their legs--keep on mind my cousins (girl) wedding is in 2 weeks.

I was held inside the house for 30 minutes because Hamas officers stood at the door to stop people inside the house from tossing all sort of things at them.

They broke so many chairs and ruined a good party...If i was not there, i would not have believed it...it was insane and it was a shame, a real shame.

My uncle lost his mind on the police force because he thought they were picking on them...they came in the last 20 minutes of the party...so the thing could have ended with no incident, but some hothead had to make a scene

Maybe my cousins should not have put the Sameeh picture, but it is a dead guy's picture and family picture, it is not an act of defiance. An act of defiance would be playing some of Fateh songs or even putting their flags...none of this happened.

Frankly, cannot wait to get back to my studeo in Columbia Heights.

3 comments:

Mary on July 15, 2009 at 10:13 AM said...

Oh man you scared us, we hope your Mom and Roa was not with you at the party, find a way for Roa and you to get out of there very soon before anything else happens, this is not funny, this people are crazy, we are sorry about your hurt relatives, you could have been hurt too. There is nothing wrong to put a dead man's picture on the wall, this people they want a reason to shoot and they found it.

Yousef on July 15, 2009 at 11:03 AM said...

and we can't wait to have you back safe and sound insha'allah.

-yousef

Yousef on July 15, 2009 at 11:04 AM said...

And we can't wait to have you back safe and sound inshallah.

 

Blogroll

My Hanitizer

My Assault on Proper English Must Go On

Text

Hanitizer Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template