Tuesday, July 14, 2009

More Engagement Stories

The engagment party videographer sucks...he made a video and took pictures, low quality video and his staff person missed out entrance and the song that was chosen by us. The colors were off at times. The good news is that I did not chose this person, dad did!

Dad has been fliping most of the bills so far...I cannot get money from the ATM in Gaza because due to the seige on Gaza, currencies does not make it regulary...and there is always shortage of change. I will do my best to pay back most of the expenses.

My to be father in law is a stud, he ordred a lot of good things that added new things to the program. He ordred lots of food and drinks and staf to serve them...almost unheard off in Gaza. Everyone ate and had a great time. I heard it was givening the party of the season....

Roa'a and I had great energey and we had a spark so the dance was really awsome since we were under the microscpre for a while.

We did each give a brief talk, we thanks few guests and recognized few individuals and talked about how we met. It was a new thing in Gaza and it earned some extra credit with the folks.

Yasser Arafat's uncle who knows my in laws came and sent flowers, but Haniya's (Hamas Prime Minister) send his right hand man who kissed me on the cheeck...to my credit I did not know who he was.

My brother Majid, the younger one who used to beat me up brought in a band and some of his buds to act like if they are my buddies and make me dance and do lots of crazy shiznet! It was funny...

It was a great bonding expreince with my brothers..really it was to see them all step in for me.

My suite costs 100 dollar, my brothers suite costs a 1000 dollar, I brought both of them with me, but the 1000 dollar one is too big! My older brother looked sharp and crisp. The 1000 dollar was the Armani suite!

For those who like numbersThe wedding hall costs 750 dollars, the DJ costs 200 dollars, the video guy costs 200 dollars, the food in 500s, the wedding mugs we gave to people costs 700 dollars, the drinks 200 dollars, the Benz we got it from a freind, the hairdresser 100 dollar (trust me she is the best and biggest name) I have no idea how much roa'a paid for the dress! I had the video guy! The shabka (gold) an arm and a leg....but Roa'a looked FINE.

After the engagment party, I took Roa'a her mom and my mom in a car, I stayed with the family at home and my mom went home...we stayed up till 4 in the morning. We did have a nice grill.

Dude, Roa'a had a great presence and she was into it...she really got me in the mode! I had to keep up!

I ordred digital pictures, I will post them when they become avilable.

Now, I need to figure out a way to get out! Rafah seems to be out of reach...the Egyptians ar enot helping out.

P.S.Do not mind the missplleing

1 comments:

Mary on July 14, 2009 at 9:29 AM said...

Of-course engagment parties costs an arm and a leg just wait and see wedding party will cost two arms and two legs but it is wourth while because it is only once in a life time we hope yours will be too. Don't worry coming out of Gaza, you where able to make in, you will be able to make it out too.

 

Blogroll

My Hanitizer

My Assault on Proper English Must Go On

Text

Hanitizer Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template