Sunday, July 19, 2009

Gaza Points

Cab drivers do not have change, they give you attitude when you give them money and ask for change.

The ATM does not give me US dollars, are really hard to come by since the banks do not recieve funds in hard currency.

The money people use does not get recycled, the paper bills are in a bad shape, they remind me of money in Egypt where they are torn and sweaty.

Gaza is becoming more and more like Egypt...even some traditionally Egyptians professions are making an appearance in Gaza now...like the Hantour, the horse pulled carriage.

It seems that the majority of the people do not work, so they have most of their days free...but Friday still treated as a special day...why not sure. It's not like they got stuff to do the rest of the week.

The photographer burned my pictures...so there you go...thanks for nothing! If this was in the States, I would be a rich person now once I win the lawsuit. I do have few pictures that we took as a backup.

Fruits in Gaza are all over the place, summer is the time of great fruits like figs, grapes, watermelon, mangos, and plums. They are a lot more expensive than before, but people still Buy them.

Few Hamas tugs chased my cousin to arrest him, he ran away and hid from them...the guy sells produce in the morning and grocery at night...maybe this is a threat to them.

I did gain weight despite my good efforts not to overeat...thanks to the royal treatments of my mother and future mother in law.

I did find an awesome place for hot chocolate in Gaza, it was up there with the great hot chocolates I had. Om Jehad Hyer still makes the best one I had in Utah! The place in Gaza called Mazaj, a trendy place where you pay an arm an a leg...but you are in downtown Gaza.

The UNRWA has great summer camps for all children ages 6-15.

My future in laws took us to the beach last night and we had some great falfel sandwiches, with butter milk...it was good, I was sleepy and Roa'a was there to make fun of me!

I still avoid swiming in Gaza beach, but the breeze is great, giving that July is the hottest month of the year.

Hamas does a better job managing the traffic in Gaza, and breaking the will of the few vicious families in Gaza by telling them and showing them that they are not above the law.

You will make a killing in Gaza if you figure out a way to supply them with popular original fragrances.

Also GM does not need a bailout, Gaza needs cars...they really do and can buy them especially the ones who make them into cabs. they pay top dollars for lame cars, more than they cost three times over maybe..

1 comments:

Mary on July 20, 2009 at 10:25 AM said...

It seems to us you are enjoying your self and missing nothing, that will make you forget USA, good for you.

 

Blogroll

My Hanitizer

My Assault on Proper English Must Go On

Text

Hanitizer Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template