Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Shatha Hassoun -- Wa3d 3rqub Mr. Palmer

وعد عرقوب ـ شذى حسون




This song has Arabic subtitle it might make it easier...I know the director and the star wanted everyone one to read into their song...I think it has some to do with the American promises in Iraq and that can be read from the lover being in the like of an American troop. She represents Iraq who wants to leave the guy and walk away from it all (think Iraq taking charge of its own affairs) There is a line where she says, I went all over the town to find someone who loves you and I finally found one...that's my take. The title of the song comes from an old saying "Unfulfilled promise" hope that helps. On anothe rnote I love the song and the nstroy line, a hint of Indian music fusion with Gulf style helps.

0 comments:

 

Blogroll

My Hanitizer

My Assault on Proper English Must Go On

Text

Hanitizer Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template