Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Come in Pairs




I loved my time at BYU and enjoyed the nice people in Utah. Brigham Young University is a great learning environment and I am not only referring to academia. The thing is people at BYU or in Utah in general like to pair up people in the hope that they will mate. I know this is not just a BYU thing, it is universal, we always want our friends to meet and pair, I guess we all get a kick from such relations!

I do have to say that Utahans are more likely to make such attempts, obviously, there is the religious aspect of importance of marriages. I respect that and I know people back home (especially older women) who make careers out of matching business!

It made me think of a funny story, even though I was not a member of the LDS faith, friends of acquittance would always try to pair me up with people they think I might be interested in. Granted those were dates for social group dating, it never quite worked out for me. But some friend approached me "Hey Hani, I have a friend in my biology class" "I think she is from Tajikistan" he said "She is way cool" I was listening to the rest of story that gets getting better. "I know you are from Palestine which ends with Stine", "Tajikistan ends with stan, that is really close! "

Can you hear me say oh Boy! and hard it was not to laugh...

P.S. This is only one extreme example of bad education, there are so many good things at Brigham Young Univeristy

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

We know that you love your days at BYU and also, when you where there, you had a big heart and considerate to your friends in DC but now ..umm.., we think it is better for you to go back to BYU. It is just a suggestion.

 

Blogroll

My Hanitizer

My Assault on Proper English Must Go On

Text

Hanitizer Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template