Thursday, May 15, 2008

Standing On My Chair




Last week, I had a stand up gig in an Irish pub out in Clerndeon, Virginia. I was feeling I was not doing as much stand up as I can be doing, so I decided to go for it. I emailed one of my friends who is in charge of http://standupcomedytogo.com/ to see if he can fit me in. He did have a spot that night and give it to me....I had some friends show up which was cool, food there was happy hour menu...but the burger I had was really really decent. I will do better next time... One of the better jokes of the evening was told me a seasoned stand up comic, "instead of dropping bombs on countries, next time we want to go to war with somebody" "We should just drop credit cards with a low rate of 4.0%"! "They would be too busy shopping and then worry more to pay their bills" "No time for fighting"

It was a long night, and the comedians were funny mostly, I was tired when I got to do my gig and I froze at some point. I did get to test my new material, and it went OK, there is area for improvement. Since I was at an Irish pub I thought to incorporate that into my routine. "It is nice for a Palestinian to be kicking it at an Irish Pub" "After all we have a lot in common with the Irish", "The Irish are the loose cannons of Europe, the Palestinians are the nuts of the Middle East" "For some reason the Irish are mad at us now," "They like bars and some some reason Palestinians blow up bars" I think that one went well, then I looked at the spot light, it was so powerful and annoying at the same time. I could not see a thing! So I said, it is nice to be under the light again! Last time I was under this much light, I was answering a lot of questions without the presence of my attorney!

P.S. One of the cool thing that happened, someone said a joke about turbans, and the audience booed...I was like Wow!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Irish Pub ha, today Irish pub tomorrow on TV, after tomorrow in the movies, you are progressing, good job. We have a suggestion for you, when you go again to do stand up the light is very bright you cannot see, take a light color sun-glasses, it does not matter what color the frame is but the glass it self should be light brown, take them with you and, put them on when you do your stand up, with them you will be able to see everybody and everything.

 

Blogroll

My Hanitizer

My Assault on Proper English Must Go On

Text

Hanitizer Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template