Thursday, May 01, 2008

One Lazy Prtiner!





Yesterday, at work, we had a problem with our copier. I called in for maintenance, they send one of their crew. He was a charming African American fella, that started working on it. I asked him if he needed anything, he should call on me, he said OK. He came to my office few minutes later, and told me to walk with him to the copier, I do so. He asks me "Do you know lazy printers?" "How do they work?" I was like, "Lazy printer?" Not really, I never heard of them. He was surprised and give me an impression that I am old school. I looked him in the eye and I said "sorry, I have been living under a rock for a while" He said it was fine, and started explaining to me all about Lazy printers. I know my boss was listening to our conversation, and she had a smile on her face the entire time, the gentleman was explaining to me about the printers. Then all of a sudden I said "Did you mean laser printers?" He said "Yes, Laser printers" I replied, "Gosh man, I know about those" needless to say, I felt like a dork.

At this point, my boss and other colleagues came in to laugh at me (or with me)They said "It's is Gaza Day for Hani" or "Lazy printers, where do you come up with this stuff?" I was like "dang it guys, if machines nowadays have "sleep mode" and "snooze button? Why cannot they be lazy?

They didn't buy it!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

The lazy printer, that is a funny story, your colleagues they don't know how funny you are but some day they will know and get used to it.

 

Blogroll

My Hanitizer

My Assault on Proper English Must Go On

Text

Hanitizer Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template