Thursday, December 11, 2008

Get Me Something to Write With



I just made an observation, it takes an average American friend of mine (that includes any person in this land) roughly less than 1 minute to grab a pen and a paper to write whatever information I want to dictate to them. at 5 cents a minute, it costs me only 5 cents to get few digits to the person on the other end of the line. In most cases when I am calling someone in the Arab World, it often takes them 2 minutes to realize that there is nothing to write with where they are standing, another 3 minutes to get someone t grab them something to write with and another minute to replace the pen because it does not work! a total of six minutes to give someone a phone number at $.25 a minute, I pay a $1.5 to get few digits cross the ocean. I wonder why the people I call in the Arab world are costly friends to have? Here are few spculations about who it takes longer in the Arab world to find something to write with:

1-Arabs do not like to plan ahead for emergencies like someone giving you informartion over the phone. "Thanks for lack for natural disasters in the region!"

2-Too many people at a house move things around and makes it harder to keep track of where you pet your notepad! That makes people in the West are loners.

3-Arabs have a much better memory, thus they can remember more numbers without getting confused!

4-Asking for a notepad is "old school" my friends use a mysterious technology to save important dates and numbers.

5-The only numbers my friends use is the size of their shoes, everything else just ask mom!

6-Everyone my friends know lives in the same house, so no need to save numbers, just shout their name and they will show up. Unless your name is Muhammad, that would not be a hassle.

7-My friends are all broke, no need for a bank account number. Whatever you have is stashed under your bed.

8-The people I call hate me and just want me to waste my money and my time asking them for 10th time "Kifak?"

If you think of any other reasons, please do tell! And as for me I do not mind hold yes, I will!

0 comments:

 

Blogroll

My Hanitizer

My Assault on Proper English Must Go On

Text

Hanitizer Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template