Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Weddings, Birthdays, and Funerals

In the course of three days, I have taken part of a birthday, a wedding, and a funeral in three different places. The b-day was for a close friend at a Turkish restaurant out in DC, the funeral was for the mother of law for one of my colleagues, and the wedding was for one of my best friends from college. I had to dress up for all these events. The b-day was right before the funeral that required a dark outfit, and the wedding to my surprise was more casual than I thought. Needless to say, there was food on all these occasions. The funeral reception was a lot more relaxed and laid back than I have anticipated. Since I have manged to avoid going to weddings most of my time in the States, this was my third wedding--not my own. This wedding was in Utah, and I guess Utah weddings are a low profile and all about making an appearance than participating in a festivity. Thus, the wedding has great company, the birthday had good food, the funeral had the best food and a wonderful company

So in a nutshell, I was overdressed for a wedding, overstuffed in a funeral and overjoyed for a birthday that isn't mine.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

For the birthday and the wedding you attended it must be a good enjoyment. I hate funerals when I see it on TV or passing by a funeral when I am walking on the street I always feel sad and cray even though I don't know who died because it reminds me of my family and any body I know who passed away.

 

Blogroll

My Hanitizer

My Assault on Proper English Must Go On

Text

Hanitizer Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template