Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Its and Bits



I ran into an old acquaintance of mine the night I arrived to Salt Lake City and he was telling me about how wonderful life is, since he lives across the street from the U of U stadium, literary you can see the stadium from his bedroom. He is only paying $250 for a nice room in the heart of the city. I almost cried when I though how much I am paying to live in DC, a city with very few friendly faces.

Brad had just purchased a book that is 101 year old, published in 1907, a book about Latin, he paid 50 cents for that book. His concerns was that if he learned Latin form that book, he might not be up to date...I assured him that he has nothing to fear, since it is a safe bet that the Latin Language has not evolved in more than 101 years...but it was funny that till this day they still print new Latin dictionaries every year...and it says updated edition.

When I arrived to Provo, I was greeted with a nice snow storm, which was really cool since I have been in DC, I have not spotted snow. I was reminded with the college days back in this little town. I had to switch to my contact lenses becasue my glasses do not do well with snow all over them.

I also passed the MTC, that's the Mormon Missionary Training Center, where for a class assignment I had to volunteer 10 hours to take calls of people wanting to order copies of the Book of Mormon and other LDS promotional material. No seriously what was I thinking? I could have gotten away with not doing that assignment on the premise the absence of my faith in the Church. No, but I wanted no easy way out! I only did four hours however and I felt weired, maybe a feeling only matched if I was a vegetarian who works at a butcher shop answering a question of a curious and confused customer who wants to know my personal take on what piece of meet is best for his dinner?

Stay warm and enjoy the holiday season, we are about to go pick my bud from the airport, in the meantime, I will be working to digest those fine pancakes I had for breakfast this morning.


Cheers

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

It reminds you old good days , well good for you to let us know your enjoying the cold and some of your old friends anyway, it is very cold here too, it almost 36 degrees and we are keeping warm also hopefully will enjoy Christmas especially New Year drinking champagne and partying until morning. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you.

 

Blogroll

My Hanitizer

My Assault on Proper English Must Go On

Text

Hanitizer Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template