Monday, August 03, 2009

Adventure in Trying to Leave Gaza

Today, I took a cab ande my bag and headed toward the Rafah gate....I had to make an effort since my name did not come out yet. I was asked to go back to Gaza city and look for my name on some list...my name has yet to show up on any list. So the trip was not ery fun, but I felt good that I made some efforts.

My time window to leave the Strip has three more days on it. I asked to go back and add my name to a new list for those who carry foreing passports and documents, somehow I was added to the list and they took my number.

The trouble is to get a Hamas figure to put my name on the list of the buses heading toward Egypt. Once I make it to the Egypt, most likley I will be allowed to make it to the airport to catch my flight--some detention might come along.

It's really hard to get a hold of some Hamas figures, they all shut down their phones at the times you need them. I had some luck, but nothing solid as of yet.

My contact with Hamas come through some fmaily member who works for the government--I have yet to meet one of the big wigs in person--let's hope that Israel does not decide to take them out once I see them. Kidding my distant cousin is really really high up in their government

Cannot wait to et back to work....

Pray for Gaza!

2 comments:

Mary on August 3, 2009 at 2:56 PM said...

I cannot believe a person in a long vacation with his family and fiance be so frustrated and very anxious to come to work, man don't worry your self, it is not your fault, nobody will condemn you if you come late to work, your boss at work understand your situation so, relax enjoy your self what ever the situation is there, leave everything to God and your problem will be solved.

Mary on August 3, 2009 at 3:09 PM said...

Anyway, we pray for Gaza and you too so, everything will be better for you when ever you go back again for the wedding, also we hope, will be eazier to leave Gaza with your wife to the US.

 

Blogroll

My Hanitizer

My Assault on Proper English Must Go On

Text

Hanitizer Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template