Monday, August 31, 2009

Ramadan News

So this would be my first ramadan in Gaza in 9 years. Not much has changes, fasting, prayer, Koran and visting familes...for me however I cannot get too close to my fiance during the fast...

It's really hot in here, people miss the waters in the hot summer days...

We have been eating all sort of great foods...at my home resides my dad,mom and ytoungest sibling Mahmood, we also give food for my grandpa who lives in the back at his own place.

Ocassionaly we get guests atour table, so far 2 brother and their families, my sister andher family...her husband is in jail for being a freind of a guy the governent does not like.

So far we have to invite allm sisters to come share a meal with us....there will be at least 50 people at our home...my dad hates the crying kids...he delays it as much as he can.

My dad retired today...he last day of teaching was today...35 years of teaching he is DONE.

I have been visitng all sorts of fmaily, since Ramadan started I made about 20 visits along with either mom or dad...this is what people do in Ramdan...fun times every visit we take something with us roughly about 6 bucks cookeies or cake....I am fliping most of those bills.

I am intorudicng my mom to all sort of prepared food, my in laws know great places and so far I hooked my family with two take out dinners, they loved them.

Today I plan on making misakhan...youknow you want some? Chicken with satued onions, sumac and fresh bread.

No solid wods on travel days, I think it will be no more 10 days away...I just feel it.

Ramadan Mubarak.

0 comments:

 

Blogroll

My Hanitizer

My Assault on Proper English Must Go On

Text

Hanitizer Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template