Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Deja Vu




I have been unable to call my family for the past three weeks or so, I either did not have my phone, cannot find a phone card nearby, or was unable to connection at all. So I got a new phone yesterday, bought is from a guy of craigslist (valued at $600) if you know me, you know that I must have gotten a deal on it.

So now, i could call my family, I tried to call them, but the third party phone company I deal with had problems with their lines. I wanted to wake up at night and try to call them again, hoping to get a good connection. That of course did not happen..till 4:00 AM this morning! They called me.

They rarely call (pricey) and specially never call at odd hours. For some reason, i woke up to my new phone strange ring and answered it, it was my older brother who told me that my dad wanted to talk to me! I was like "Oh Man, this is bad" Dad will either tell me that I need to get married or that someone just have kicked the bucket. I was comforting to know that it was neither. Dad just wanted to say Hi at 4 AM. We spoke briefly, and I reminded him of an old song that he loved (I surprised myself that I could be this calm at 4 freaking AM)

But the timing was interesting, just on the day I make plans to call them, they just call me and find me, I was glad for the lack of bad news, and thrilled to talk to dad.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are glad, you talked to your family, I know the situation there is not good but the main thing they are all well, you did not mention your favored person, your Mom, I hope you talked to her too and she is in good health. About your phone, we know that you got a good price for it also hopping that you remember some of your old friends numbers because they will be expecting you to call and say hi to them every now and then. We want to know one more thing, is it you on the picture seating on the rock.

 

Blogroll

My Hanitizer

My Assault on Proper English Must Go On

Text

Hanitizer Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template