Sunday, April 20, 2008

Guns And Weddings

I have always looked down upon friends of mine and acquaintance who dance in weddings back in Gaza. Even my won brother Mahmood and nephew Omar have enjoyed walking around my brother's wedding parading their guns. It scared me to see these guys carrying things that could cause a tragedy while you are celebrating a happy event. I freaked out man when I saw all these guns at my brother's wedding, I am also talking about assult weapons, not just good old hand guns! The Bros at home, thought I was a softie since I resist the appeal of the "toys".

I do not believe that guns kill people, people kill people. Furthermore, when you have a crowded area and you fire your guns in the air at a weeding night does not seem a responsible act. My cousin Ibrahim got hurt in a weeding more than 10 years ago, when a bullet found its way to his arm, yes in a wedding!

Anyhow, I found this picture for a wedding in Texas, when the groom was walking around with a gun, a real gun. It's quite uncommon to see people celebrating weddings with guns in the States, but what purpose does it serve?

0 comments:

 

Blogroll

My Hanitizer

My Assault on Proper English Must Go On

Text

Hanitizer Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template