Wednesday, April 02, 2008

SPECIAL GROCERY LIST

This is a a story that I received from my friend Ramzy, I thought to share it with you regardless of your faith.

Dear Friends and Family,

SPECIAL GROCERY LIST

Louise Redden, a poorly dressed lady with a look of
defeat on her face,walked into a grocery store.

She approached the owner of the store in a most humble
manner and asked if he would let her charge a few
groceries.

She softly explained that her husband was very ill and
unable to work,they had seven children and they needed
food.

John Longhouse, the grocer, scoffed at her and
requested that she leave his store at once.

Visualizing the family needs, she said: "Please, sir!
I will bring you the money just as soon as I can."

John told her he could not give her credit, since she
did not have a charge account at his store.

Standing beside the counter was a customer who
overheard the conversation between the two.

The customer walked forward and told the grocer that
he would stand good for whatever she needed for her
family.

The grocer said in a very reluctant voice, "Do you
have a grocery list?"

Louise replied, "Yes sir." "O.K" he said, "put your
grocery list on the scales and whatever your grocery
list weighs, I will give you that amount in
groceries."

Louise, hesitated a moment with a bowed head, then she
reached into her purse and took out a piece of paper
and scribbled something on it. She then
laid the piece of paper on the scale carefully with
her head still bowed.

The eyes of the grocer and the customer showed
amazement when the scales went down and stayed down.

The grocer, staring at the scales, turned slowly to
the customer and said begrudgingly, "I can't believe
it."

The customer smiled and the grocer started putting the
groceries on the other side of the scales. The scale
did not balance so he continued to put
more and more groceries on them until the scales would
hold no more.

The grocer stood there in utter disgust. Finally, he
grabbed the piece of paper from the scales and looked
at it with greater amazement.

It was not a grocery list, it was a prayer, which
said:

"Dear Lord, you know my needs and I am leaving this in
your hands."

The grocer gave her the groceries that he had gathered
and stood in stunned silence.

Louise thanked him and left the store.
The other customer handed a fifty-dollar bill to the
grocer and said;

"It was worth every penny of it. Only God Knows how
much a prayer weighs."

THE POWER OF PRAYER: When you receive this, say a
prayer. That's all you have to do.

Just stop right now, and say a prayer of thanks for
your own good fortune.
Then please send this to all your friends and
relatives.

I believe if you will send this testimony out with
prayer in faith, you will receive what you need God to
do in your and your families' life .

So dear heart, trust God to heal the sick, provide
food for the hungry,clothes and shelter for those that
don't have as we do. Amen & Amen

Don't break this, please!
Prayer is one of the best free gifts we receive.

There is no cost but a lot of rewards.
May you always walk with Angels
God Bless!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is it, right on brother, a prayer is very strong thing if you need something and pray with all your heart you will get it, that is the truth. It happened to me recently, I needed something from somebody and I did not know how to get it, I was praying and crying at the same time, just in a second my phone rang and I got what I wanted, Thanks God.

 

Blogroll

My Hanitizer

My Assault on Proper English Must Go On

Text

Hanitizer Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template