Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Talking Trash in Public

I has been thinking lately about trash and the way people deal with trash in various places. Most people in Gaza do not mind throwing away things in the road, the street (assuming you can call them streets) and anywhere. However, in the States, most people dispose trash in prober containers and those are abundant wherever you go. Obviously, in Gaza we do not have trash bins in public places, not as much as here, so people do not even bother looking for one; just drop your trash wherever you are.

However, in the States, people tend to forgo this rule in theaters. That's why most of these theaters are trashy and sticky. but why do people discriminate in the way they handle their trash. Since, i have been in so many theaters around the States, I can only assume that people are mad at how much they are being charges for minor things in theaters. what you pay for a coke and a popcorn nowadays can fuel a hospital in Darfur for awhile. I would be mad too. I know that not everyone discards their empty popcorns tubs and sprite containers behind them, but the great majority does that, in the same way the great majority in Gaza does just that.

I guess the since of being ripped off causes people to do strange things, it would be interesting to do a study on the availability of trash containers in public, and the level of democracy in that place. but I remember in the UAE, they have those containers everywhere, UAE is not quite the democratic heaven. It might be safe to say that the existence of such containers did not guarantee that people will always utilize them.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about the trash on some of the streets even though there are trash containers also the trash on the buses like news papers, bottles of soft drinks and so on although it is written on the buses (please help to keep me clean) but nobody notices. I always take the bus every where because I have no car so, one day I saw a guy with a plate of food eating and when he finished he put the plate under his seat, I told him to pick up the plate and take it with him when he gets off the bus and throw it in the trash, I got off the bus before him and before I got off I told the bus drive to make sure the guy takes the plate with him. Anyway, I wish they put trash containers on the buses. What about the gruffing on the seats of the buses, also one day I saw a student doing gruffing on the bus seat and I told him, not to do it on the bus but do it at home, I even told the driver about it.

 

Blogroll

My Hanitizer

My Assault on Proper English Must Go On

Text

Hanitizer Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template