Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Iron Lungs meet Iron Man meet Irony

The story of my great uncle passing away gets interesting. Abu ElSa3eed was on the iron lung machine for a week or so, till the supervising physician in the hospital decided that they have a better use for the machine to plug in some other patient. They take my uncle off the machine and send him downstairs. Couple of days later he passes away; my brother in law (his son) was on his way to a business meeting with $3000 in cash (2000 Jordanian Dinar), as he hears the news about his father, he loses his mind. With a nervous breakdown, and being the emotional and crazy person he is, takes his gun and heads to the hospital to shot the doctor who took his dad off the iron lung machine. My sister calls in my brothers and tells them about her husband's intentions; they chase him to the hospital to stop him. They get their about the same time he did (it is a local hospital); take the gun from him with the help of some doctors who inject my brother in law with tranquilizer and give him a bed in the hospital. He wakes up and the cash he had on him earlier is gone. Someone took the money from him as he was resting. Now his dad just passed away, his savings are gone, and that's not all. The Hamas police hear a word that my brother in law was armed, they send a unit to search the house and arrest my other brother in law (since the one with the gun was in the hospital bed). This is just a bizarre story and I realize how chaotic the story makes Gaza. My mom said that my sister one minute cries for the passing of her father-in-law, and the other minute, she cries for her lost money!

This triple tragedy comes in only to confirm that when it rains it does indeed pour and misery loves company.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH my GOD, what a bad situation, my heart goes to them, the father is dead that is God's will, they lost their loved once and they have to lose their money, that is no joke somebody there should do something to find this poor husband and wife money . I pray they do.

 

Blogroll

My Hanitizer

My Assault on Proper English Must Go On

Text

Hanitizer Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template