Monday, April 21, 2008

Spoiling a Nightmare



Fear is how dictators rule parts of the world, fear is dictators best friend. Fear that if i go, you might not like what comes after me. Scaring people to vote for you in in deed does work, for some time. People like Musharaf and associates have long suggested that if he goes, the United States will invade their country; people of Pakistan stood grudgingly by him. Fear helped him a bit, but not for too long, he is hanging on thin air now.

I am sad to see some patterns in the United States election, in which presidential candidate on both sided of the aisle play footage of figures as bin Laden, Rev Wright, and other crazies and nuts out there. I know that in 2004 election, an election that I followed closely, some voters were scared to vote to a candidate, they might not like, but he simply reminded them by what they fear. By playing these footage, a candidate tell one thing, you might not realize your dreams with me, but with me I can stop your nightmares. In a way people who you love to hate end up affecting the election outcome. Why is it OK to let someone who brought death and destruction upon America and other places, play a role in such democracy? why let someone as controversial and offensive as Rev. Wright tell you who to vote for?

It's unfortunate that someone like Bin laden plays a major role in the US election, a role bigger than someone like Al Gore or someone like Allan Greenspan!

Granted, people like to dream and dislike nightmares, which one has a better and a more lasing impace on you? I know dreams is my answer!

0 comments:

 

Blogroll

My Hanitizer

My Assault on Proper English Must Go On

Text

Hanitizer Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template