Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Babies in Gaza

Remember the baby girl in the family? The one I wanted her to be named Palestine? Well, she wasn't name Palestine, but rather Siwar, a bracelet (or a derivative of that) she was born during the Israeli offense on Gaza. Well, now my niece is back in the hospital for more than a week; she is unhealthy. According to my brother (the father) she doctors do not know what is wrong with her. They took about a unite of blood to figure out what is going on with the little one, and the worst part is that the doctors really cannot find a vain in her little body so they unsuccessfully puked her from many places. Worst, a doctors actually cut her cheek on accident, and my brother wanted to kick his rare. I mean obviously her mom's health was not ideal under the Israeli assault, where they inhaled all sorts of Israeli treats, and had low food security and that was on the final days of her pregnancy. My brother is really upset with the level of medical services and the doctors lack of equipments and professionalism. But I do not blame the doctors, they are overworked and seen so many things that other doctors only get to read about in books. God help them, this is really insane.

But Siwar is not in isolated incident, another new born in the family, a second cousin of mine had a new baby last week, named Ammar. He was also rushed to the hospital for complications, in lament terms, they did not pull all the water out of his lung at delivery and they have to treat other health problems. I am sure there are other babies that have seen this since statistics confirm more than 4000 babies were born during and right after the Israeli was on Gaza. All I can offer them now is prayer...

1 comments:

Mary on March 25, 2009 at 12:06 PM said...

Oh my God, can't they go to Egypt for treatment please let us know if there is anything we can do for them and if they can take baby Siwar to Egypt, I can help with some of the expenses, please...please..let me know, if you don't let me know, I will call your Mom to let me know what I can do for baby Siwar.

 

Blogroll

My Hanitizer

My Assault on Proper English Must Go On

Text

Hanitizer Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template