Monday, March 09, 2009

Grehound Bound

More than two years ago, I was on a greyhound bus heading back from Washington State to Utah, through Oregon and Idaho. In a rest stop I believe somewhere near Baker Idaho, there was this truck stop that was rather awesome. It had a large shop and a big section that sells swords. I have always liked swords, but I know my friend Nawar specially likes swords. Browsing the different items they have, a sword stood out and I decided to purchase it for my friend. I grab the sword, head to the counter and ask to buy it. The lady asks for my ID, and then she asks me "Did you come with the Greyhound buss?" hoping for a discount, I said yes. She took the sword from me and told me that she cannot sell me the sword because it's a greyhound rule, no weapons on the bus. Judging from the types of people you meet on the greyhound bus, I did not hold a grudge. But now as more times passed and I read this article, I cannot help but both laugh and cry at the same time. Cry for the victim, and laugh at this bizarre situation. I am now glad that they did not sell me that freaking sword.

1 comments:

Mary on March 9, 2009 at 9:38 AM said...

Oh my God, you sacred us, when I saw the picture of Grey hound bus and I was reading, I thought you will say that you where in that bus then I continue reading, I said thanks God, he was not. About the sword, it is good you did not buy it because the rules not having arms when people are traveling, it is even for private cars, it is like the liquor rules.

 

Blogroll

My Hanitizer

My Assault on Proper English Must Go On

Text

Hanitizer Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template