Monday, March 02, 2009

Running DC during a Snow Storm


Today (Monday) was one of the most insane days for running, snow took DC by storm, piles and piles of snow were all over the sidewalks and the streets in DC. Since Monday is one of my three running day, I could not let a little snow scare me and I was right, it was not too cold. It was cool, but not usually cold, the wind was not too crazy, and the traffic in the streets was usually light. the time was 5:40 AM, and I later found out the Fed government had a two hour delay.

Everything went fine, until I hate the National Mall, and the snow storm got our of control, no where to hide from the snow nor a way to slow it down, but I mean I am already out and better finish my run. I did finish it and got home with snow all over my face and my hoodie! My hands froze at some point to a degree I could not change my music or blow my nose, but hey the songs change by them self I cannot be too picky though.

It might have been too extreme from me to go running in a snow story, in a city that is not used to snow, but I think my days in Utah have served me well. I mean the Rockies are awesome! But most importantly, my week would not have been the same without my running ritual. Yes, there is a treadmill at the building gym, but to be honest it's just boring to run in the same place.

As a precaution, I took my health insurance card with me in case i slip or get hit by a moving object.

1 comments:

Mary on March 3, 2009 at 10:27 AM said...

You should be careful to be running on a weather like that, I could not get out of my building at 7:30am so I waited, at about 8am. I was out in the street and it took me fifteen minutes to reach the bus stop any way you young people don't care much about your health until the cold heats you like a rock when you get sick then you realize, you shouldn't have run in a weather like that.

 

Blogroll

My Hanitizer

My Assault on Proper English Must Go On

Text

Hanitizer Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template